Stanford: "Clearly, Enough Renewable Energy Exists&quot

1st PEB conclusion: PV-PEB supply 100% of the building needs

Due to the rejection of a sustainable energy policy, Switzerland has to import 80% of its actual energy needs. On the other hand, it is possible to enlarge several existing hydro-power plants to pump storage power plants for a sustainable us of wind energy excesses from offshore and coastal regions. Regulating energy could be sold "just in time” in everyone’s interest to countries or European cities without peak or regulating energy (e. g. 1 kWh of regulating energy is sold for 2, 3 or 4 kWh of base load or excess energy). By implementing today’s level of technology (with PEB standard for new buildings and Minergy-P/passive house standard for refurbishments) on at least 1.5-2% of the buildings each year, today’s energy need of 125 TWh/a in the building sector could be substituted completely between 2030 and 2050. Between 80 and 85% of the substitution can be done without any loss in comfort by just reducing energy losses; the remaining 10 to 15% can be covered with other renewable energies.

aSee Swiss Solar Prize 2009, p. 32 and 33.

bProf. Mark Z. Jacobson/Mark A. Deluchi, University of Stanford, Spectrum of Science, 12/09, p. 80-87.

2nd PEB conclusion and critical remark to solar-powered "electric cars"

Critical remark: For the last 20 years it was not long-sighted pioneers such as Max Horlacher nor innovative students, engineers, physicians or chemists who were heading traffic development, but names such as Bob Lutz, Rick Wagoner of General Motors, JUrgen Schrempp of Daimler-Benz AG, Ferdinand Piech or Martin Winterkorn of Porsche and Volkswagen AG. Bob Lutz, who went to work in Detroit in a helicopter each day and flew an Alpha jet and a Czech jet fighter weekly, was admired by the media. However, with their million-dollar-salaries and the production of hummers and other gas-guzzlers for the destruction of environment these guys steered the car industry into the ground. The American state had to save the car industry in 2009 with billions of dollars. It would be a nightmare if these "system cheaters” (Binswanger/TA-01/2010) and "bonus banksters” used the pension fund assets to invest against renewable energies and environment into coal-burning and nuclear power plants. Innovative small and medium-sized businesses have no chance for favourable investment and innovation loans, if casino managers gamble away the pension fund savings of others in their own interest. And if the tax payers have to finance another financial crises, innovative and sustainable products such as those of Max Horlacher are left behind.

Updated: August 22, 2015 — 4:30 am